Dorner Mfg. celebrated its 50th anniversary in business with three days of festive events, at its headquarters in Hartland, Wisconsin. Dorner is a designer and manufacturer of conveyor systems for companies around the world.
The milestone was marked with a Dorner Summit Meeting to provide an update on business operations, plant tours and other activities. Employees and their families enjoyed guided plant tours, food, games and other activities.
The company was founded in 1966 by brothers Wolfgang, Horst and Werner Dorner. Initially, Dorner was a tool and die shop, but transformed its business to focus on conveyors in the early 1970s. In 2012, the brothers sold the business to Incline Equity Partners of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Today, Dorner has a staff of about 240 employees, and its conveyors operate in more than 1,200 industries.
“Our philosophy today mirrors that of the one set forth by the Dorners 50 years ago – a philosophy based on being responsive
While the company has enjoyed many noteworthy accomplishments through the years, 2016 has been marked by several major milestones:
- Opening its first office in Canada to better serve the Canadian market
- Acquiring FlexMove, a Malaysian-based manufacturer of flexible chain conveyors for food, beverage, automotive, electronic and other industries
- Adding staff aimed at establishing brand recognition and growing sales to international markets
- Expanding its Hartland, Wisconsin, headquarters by adding a 25,000 square-foot expansion to its manufacturing area to meet future production goals and anticipated growth
- Major expansions to many of its conveyor lines, including its AquaPruf sanitary, SmartFlex and 2200 Series platforms